THE MAIN ACTIVITY OF THIS BRANCH IS TO MAINTAIN THE ALL COMPUTERS AND PERIPHERALS INCLUDING LAN AND INTERNET FACILITIES FOR THE SMOOTH WORKING FOR RESEARCH WORK. THE BRACH IS ALSO MAINTAINING THE CCTV CAMERAS AND BIOMETRICS MACHINE.
The branch has established in 1988 in the Institute. The Branch has been contributing critically to learning process and research. Analyzing tons of statistical data is made possible using specially designed algorithms that are implemented by computers. This makes the extremely time-consuming job of data analysis to be a matter of a few minutes. In the form of Internet, computers have provided an entirely new way to share knowledge. Today, any one can access the latest research papers that are made available for free on websites. Sharing of knowledge and collaboration through the Internet, has made international cooperation on scientific projects possible.
- Application of computers in forestry.
- Design, development and implementation of computer based information system.
- Analysis of the forestry based statistical/mathematical data.
- Analysis of the Geographical Information System (GIS) data.
Shri S.K. Shukla
Dy. Director (DDO)
M.Sc. Physics, B.Ed., Forestry Certificate Course
Mob. No. 9425819048
Mrs. Jyotsna Gupta
- To familiarize with various application of computers in forestry.
- To acquire a basic understanding of forestry decision making process and to design, develop and implement computer based information system.
- To develop necessary knowledge for preparation of forestry based expertise.
- To analyze the forestry based statistical/ mathematical data.
- To compute/analyze the GIS data.
- To convert old drawings into storage media.
- To scan and digitization of maps of forest.